Health Solutions Program - for GHI and EmblemHealth EPO/PPO Members
How will the Health Solutions Program for diabetes help me or my family?
We know that it can be hard work to control diabetes. There are diets to follow, testing schedules to remember, and prescriptions to fill.
The Health Solutions Program is here to help EmblemHealth members with diabetes control their condition. When you sign up for this program, we can help you stay on track as you care for your diabetes and help lower your chance of having long-term problems from diabetes.
EmblemHealth works with CCS Medical, a leading provider of home delivery medical supplies, to offer you this program.
You and your covered family members with diabetes are automatically eligible for the program if you are enrolled in a GHI EPO or PPO medical plan.
Once you sign up for the Health Solutions Program, here’s what you can expect:
- A member of the Health Solutions team will contact you every 90 days to help you order your diabetes supplies.
- The team member will work with your doctor to get the information needed to fulfill your order.
- Your orders for diabetes supplies will be delivered to your door - and shipping is FREE. With your first order, you will receive a FREE blood glucose monitor and carrying case, if needed, as well as some helpful educational materials. A free Personal Care Record will also be sent to you to help you keep track of your testing results.
- EmblemHealth’s specially-trained Certified Diabetes Educators can answer your questions about your diabetes. To speak to a Diabetes Educator, call 888-881-3112 (TTY: 711). Our hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Once each year, a member of the Health Solutions team will help you complete a health risk assessment. This can help determine your risk for long-term problems from diabetes.
- You have access to FREE educational materials with the most current information about diabetes and diabetes care. You can ask for information on topics of interest to you at any time.
What does the program provide?
Diabetes supplies that are covered under your health insurance plan will be provided. These include blood glucose monitors, strips, control solutions, lancets, syringes, pen needles, and insulin pump supplies. Educational materials and access to EmblemHealth's Certified Diabetes Educators are also available to you as part of the program.
EmblemHealth will cover all supplies approved by your doctor according to your health plan benefits. Supplies provided under this program are subject to the same copays you currently pay as part of your health insurance plan. Copays are the set dollar amount you pay for health services each time you use them. If you have questions about your benefits, Contact Us. Select your plan using the drop-down menu at the top of the page. Then call the phone number for your health plan.
Call the Health Solutions Program at 800-806-4804. Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- A Health Solutions team member will contact you to design a diabetes supply program that meets your specific needs.
- Plans will be made for you to begin receiving your diabetes supplies and educational materials on a regular schedule.
- A Health Solutions team member will call you every 90 days to help you place your next order for supplies.
Call the Health Solutions Program at 800-806-4804 (TTY: 711). Our hours are 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. A Health Solutions Program representative will be happy to help you.