New York State law requires all insurers and HMOs like EmblemHealth to provide their members and customers with notices that detail proposed rate increases for the coming year.
Starting on June 5, 2019, we are releasing written notice to our Small Group and Individual plan members and customers letting them know of our rate proposals for plans that will be renewed in 2020.
Starting on July 29, 2019, we are releasing written notice to our Large Group plan members and customers letting them know of our rate proposals for plans that will be renewed in 2020.
The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) may approve, modify or deny the proposed adjustments. We will notify all impacted subscribers and groups of their final, approved rate at least 60 days before their renewal date.
Contact us or DFS for additional information. You may also submit your comments to DFS within 30 days of the date printed on the letter you received. Please see the letter for more information on how to submit your comments or questions.
To find out more about our rate filings, please refer to the narratives listed below for your plan type.
- 2020 HIP Individual Rate Narrative
- EmblemHealth Platinum, EmblemHealth Gold, EmblemHealth Silver, EmblemHealth Silver Value, EmblemHealth Bronze, EmblemHealth Basic, and EmblemHealth Gold Value
- 2020 HIP Small Group Rate Narrative
- EmblemHealth Platinum Premier, EmblemHealth Platinum Choice, EmblemHealth Gold Plus, EmblemHealth Gold Choice, EmblemHealth Gold Value, EmblemHealth Gold Premier 1, Healthy NY, EmblemHealth Silver Value, EmblemHealth Silver Premier, EmblemHealth Silver Choice, EmblemHealth Silver Plus 1, EmblemHealth Bronze Value, and EmblemHealth Bronze Plus HSA
- 2020 HIP Large Group Rate Narrative
- Includes HMO Prime, HIPaccess I, HMO Preferred, HMO Plus, Vytra HMO, and GHI HMO plans
To find out more about our rate filings, please click on the links above.