Telemedicine through Teladoc FAQs
General Information About Telemedicine
Telemedicine is a plan benefit that offers convenient, immediate access to non-urgent medical care. It’s available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through your phone, computer, or mobile device.
With telemedicine, you can get care wherever you are – at home, at work, on the go, or when you are traveling. Talk to doctors who practice primary care, family care, and more, from anywhere across the country.
EmblemHealth offers telemedicine through Teladoc®.
Use telemedicine when:
Don’t use telemedicine when:
- You need a biometric screening, such as a Body Mass Index or blood pressure check.
重要事項：Telemedicine does not replace the care of your primary care doctor.
Who can use telemedicine?
If your EmblemHealth plan covers telemedicine, you can use the telemedicine benefit.
To find out if you’re eligible to use telemedicine, call the number on the back of your member ID card.
Telemedicine is covered by the following types of EmblemHealth plans:
- Individual direct payment plans both on and off the New York State of Health Marketplace
- Small business plans both on and off the New York State of Health Marketplace
- New York State Essential Plans
- HMO Plus plans
- EPO Value plans
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) plan
- City of New York CBP GHI plan
- EmblemHealth’s Medicare Advantage employer group plans for City of New York retirees
- EmblemHealth VIP Premier HMO plan
- EmblemHealth VIP Rx Carveout HMO plan
- Certain large employer group plans
If you’re eligible, you can start using telemedicine immediately. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
You can enroll in telemedicine for free at any time. First, create an online account and fill out your medical history by:
- Visiting teladoc.com/emblemhealth, or
- Calling 800-835-2362 (TTY: 711) (800-Teladoc), or
- Downloading the Teladoc app for iOS or Android. Be sure to choose EmblemHealth as your health plan and provide your member ID number.
是的。Your health information will be kept confidential. Teladoc is a service that follows mandatory privacy laws.
What if I have questions about telemedicine?
To find out more information about telemedicine, you can:
- Call the Customer Service number on the back of your member ID card.
- Visit the Teladoc website.
- Call 800-835-2362 (TTY: 711) (800-Teladoc).
What type of care will I get with telemedicine?
In most cases, doctors can review your medical history, diagnose medical conditions, and provide non-urgent medical care. If you experience symptoms that need immediate attention, go the emergency room at a hospital or call 911.
Is telemedicine included in the cost of my plan?
Telemedicine is a covered benefit in many EmblemHealth plans. (Refer to the “Who can use telemedicine?” section on this page)
Depending on your plan, you may have a copay. A copay is the fixed amount you pay for health care services each time you use them.
Call the number on the back of your member ID card if you have a question about:
- What type of plan you have.
- Whether or not you’re covered for the telemedicine benefit.
- Whether or not you have a copay.
How long does it take to see a doctor?
A telemedicine doctor will connect with you within minutes after you enroll and complete your medical history.
是的。遠距醫療並不能取代您主治醫師的醫護。Only your primary care doctor can provide the complete range of medical care you need to stay up to date on your health needs.
Can I get a prescription from a telemedicine doctor?
是的。Telemedicine doctors can give you prescriptions as needed.
If I get disconnected while talking with my telemedicine doctor, will I have to pay twice?
No. If you are talking with a telemedicine doctor and get disconnected, the doctor you were talking to will contact you either by phone or secure email. 不會向您收取二次的費用。
Who are Teladoc doctors?
All Teladoc doctors are licensed, board-certified, and have an average of 20 years of medical experience. They work in primary care, family medicine, and other medical areas. You can choose from Teladoc’s national network of doctors licensed in your state.